In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Thursday, March 17, 2005

St. Patrick's Day

I always look forward to St. Patrick's Day every year. It's not because I like to drink alcohol with food colouring in it but because it's the one day where I can walk with my head a little bit higher knowing that I've got a touch of green blood in me. Haha, I bet some jaws just hit the ground... yeah, I'm part Irish... (a mischievious grin creeps across her face...) a tiny little part courtesy of my mom's grandmother but Irish nonetheless! I must make people laugh because I take such pride in that 1/8! (probably a little more than the rest of my family, including my mother who is 1/4)

It has been a long-standing tradition in my family for us to sit down to a "traditional" Irish dinner consisting of potatos, carrots, cabbage, and corned beef. Now I don't really know if that's Irish or not, but in my mind nothing could be more authentic. Although I have to miss our family dinner this year, I will be there in spirit, beaming the whole time because I have a "holiday" that reminds me to celebrate my family's story.

One of these days, when I have a family of my own, I'll be sure to tell my children about their rich Chinese heritage and Irish luck! I hope they like potatos and cabbage!

Be blessed!
~ The Not-so-obvious-Irish-girl

Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home