Can I Stay Here Forever
I'm sure I've said this before but it's worth saying again. I love finding song lyrics that express exactly what I'm feeling but can't put into words. I was listening to the band Starfield for the first time on Friday when I was heading to Aqua's with Memphis and Tigger. Here are the lyrics to Can I Stay Here Forever... wow...
Can I Stay Here Forever
By: Starfield
Through forgotten convictions
Misplaced affections
I'm losing the sound of Your voice
I've been chasing after emptiness
Trying to tidy up this mess
I swear I've been down this road before
I want to get back to where it all began
When I would long for only You
Like a child I'll take You at Your word
As these mountains of doubt, they fade away
I'm longing to trust and love You more
So for me this is beautiful
A brand new thought, and a brand new world
Can I stay here forever here with You?
I've lost sight of what first drew me
To the love that pursued me
The joy that inspired my song
The friendship that was all I knew
The arms that I would fall into
Seem miles and years from where I am today
I got to get back to where it all began
When I would wait for only You
Can I stay here forever
Here with you?
Surrounded by Your mercy
Clothed in Your truth
Always, I'll stay
Always here with You
Can I be here forever
Here with You?
Can I know what it's like
To deeply love You?
Always, Lord, let me stay
Always, here with You

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home