Reviving Memory Lane
Relationships take effort and commitment. Profound? Not really. More often than I'd like to admit, I forget that simple truth. Sometimes they come so easily, like back in high school... I never really had to go out of my way to put extra effort into my relationships because I saw those who were important to me very frequently. But now that I'm away at university and most of my friends are hours away, even provinces away (!!) I find it difficult to keep my friendships intact. And my effort? Well, severely lacking to say the least.
I've spent a great deal of time recently reflecting on the fact that I've lost touch with most of my high school, church and camp friends but have done very little to counteract that.
Praise God that over the last few days I've had the privilege of reconnecting with a few people who, at some point, were a significant part of my life. It has been amazing!
So with this boosted confidence, I am embarking on an extensive mission to get back in touch with those whom I once held near and dear to my heart but have since faded to mere memories.
I want to encourage you to be proactive and meet me half way. After all, relationships work best when both people put in the necessary effort. Please be patient with me! This is going to be a long and bumpy journey as there are many friendships which I must revive.
Be blessed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home