In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Thursday, March 03, 2005

I Can't Walk Alone

I Can't Walk Alone

You are ushering in another day
Untouched and freshly new
So here I come to ask you, God
If you'll renew me, too
Forgive the many errors that I made yesterday
And let me try again, dear God,
To walk closer in your way
But, Father, I am well aware
I can't make it on my own
So take my hand and hold it tight
For I can't walk alone.

-- Helen Steiner Rice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home