Changing Plans
The last few days have revealed a number of changes in plans that I have been making for weeks, if not months... now usually I'm not the type of person to get excited by change; actually, it annoys me. I prefer to have details ironed out and make sure things are under control. Spontaneity and flexibility are two abilities where my competency is sorely lacking, though I am definitely open to improvement. Now why did I just go off on that tangent...? Haha right... because for once, the changes that I am currently being subjected to are ones that I'm actually anticipating!
First, my placement was supposed to finish up this week however I have not completed my required hours. I'll have to keep going for another few weeks despite the business of school but at least I'll be able to continue getting to know the students and expand my "bank" of teaching experiences.
Second, I was planning to take a few courses this May to lighten my course load for next year. To my disppointment, the courses I need are not being offered. 'Not a problem', I thought to myself, 'I'll just go back to Glenforest again and practice teach'. Well ladies and gentlemen... though I may end up back my former high school yet again, I've decided to go out on a limb and apply for a position on Muskoka Woods' spring crew (outdoor recreation staff). I'm so stoked! Oh how I would LOVE to be back up at my beloved Muskoka Woods again! *sigh*
Finally, in just over a month, my third year at Brock will come to an end and with it, the end of a legacy. Joyce, my roommate of three years, is graduating. Sad day. I wish she didn't have to go but such is life right? Well, I have since found a new roommate and am getting excited about the big move! I was hoping to move in on April 23rd however, Ang still has exams and so does her current roommate. Therefore, I am unable to move in until the next weekend. The problem? (because there's always a problem!?) If I get a job at the Woods, I have to be up there on April 24 - a week before I move into Ang's. Thankfully, my parents, brother, and cousin have graciously agreed to move my stuff in for me. Things are still up in the air for whether or not I'll be coming back that weekend just to move or if I'll stay put up North. What am I talking about? I haven't even been hired yet! Haha. Hopefully I will be!! I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home