In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Who Am I?

I went to Brock Christian Fellowship (BCF) again this evening and as I had predicted, felt really awkward. I haven't exactly been going this year and was really feeling the toll of being apart from a Christian community while at school. So even though I'm feeling like I don't belong there right now, I made a commitment to God that I would go to BCF as often as I could for the rest of the school year. Anyway, we sang this song by Casting Crowns that I had never heard before but really like now. I've included the lyrics below... enjoy!

Who Am I?
~ Casting Crowns

Who am I? That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt,
Who am I? That the Bright and Morning Star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done,
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind,
Still You hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,
And You've told me who I am..
I am Yours.

Who am I? That the eyes that see my sin,
Would look on me with love,
and watch me rise again,
Who am I? That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done,
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind,
Still You hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,
And You've told me who I am...
I am Yours, I am Yours.

I am Yours,
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
'Cause I am Yours,
I am Yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home