In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Night of Firsts

Today has been a fun day. No complaints! It started off with my Outdoor Education and Interpretation class this morning. I had baked a chocolate cake and banana muffins because it was a classmate's birthday. Afterwards, I hung out with Jacki for a few hours attempting to get rid of the leftovers to our Recreation profs and running errands. I went to my Promotions class (mentioned in the last entry) and had an intellectual discussion with my peers. I headed home to do some work and Jacki dropped by around 8:30 for dinner. I was so excited because I've never had a dinner guest at my apartment before where we actually made dinner. We watched part of a movie and then headed back to the school. Our department was having its year-end social at the campus bar. Let the records show that I have now been to Isaac's in the evening; another first! Silly me, I didn't even think about bringing ID. Shows you how often I go to the bar! So I got to wear this sweet fluorescent purple wrist band like an under-aged first year. Haha so hot. It was great! Jacki and I played a game of gitz (fooseball/table soccer) and then made our way to the pool table. Jacki kicked my butt in pool though I made this once-in-my-lifetime shot... She had just sunk the black ball (game over) but I wanted to get my last ball in. So I took my shot and the last ball went in, followed by the cue ball (in a different hole)! How cool is that!? I've certainly never done that before! We only stayed for about an hour in total but when we went to catch the bus, we learned that it had been early. So instead of waiting around at the school for thirty minutes, we decided to walk home (probably 2.5-3 km). It was so nice being outside this evening. It was chilly but not too cold. The streets were nice and calm. It was... refreshing.
So, all in all, I had a great day and a fun night of "firsts".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home