In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Just Call Me Harry...

My Mom has been asking my brother and I to trim the hedges in front of our house for ages so we finally went out this afternoon and got to work. Now, by trim I don't mean just a little bit of maintenance, we're talking hacking away at a giant 7 foot hedge and a smaller 4 footer. Dare I say that neither Jeremy nor I have ever gotten our hands on our Dad's electric hedge trimmer before, nevermind been shown how to use it properly. For that matter I've never trimmed the hedges with anything other than tiny pruning sheers. Anyway, Jeremy and I were having a little too much fun and I was laughing away. Suddenly I felt a throbbing in my forehead... apparently I had somehow bend over in my fit of laughter and hit my head on the handle of the electric trimmer which Jeremy was holding. It hurt pretty badly (and is still sore) but the entertaining part of this story is that the indent in my forehead has since turned into a red line approximately two inches in length. Jeremy has been cracking Harry Potter jokes at my expense all afternoon and will no doubt continue for the next while... that is until he finds something else to make fun of me about. [he says that won't be very hard or take very long] *sigh* at least I'm a big Harry Potter fan... Too bad my mark isn't in the shape of a lightening bolt...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!!!! go check out my page - hehehe - I left you a 'special' msg - hahaha - okies - back to school work - peace out and HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY

peace out - kalam

2:19 a.m.

 
Blogger manda panda said...

Thanks for the warm wishes and "special" message Kalam! You're awesome! Much love! Glad to see you were at church again yesterday!

1:09 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home