In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Better Is One Day

Yeah God! Sometimes I feel like He sneaks up on me because I forget that He's literally everywhere throughout all time and space. I was sitting in my music class today and our prof began explaining the piece we were about to listen to - Brahm's A German Requiem (requiem = mass for the dead). He started a pseudo-analysis and when he arrived at the fourth movement, my jaw dropped. His description on the blackboard was "How lovely is thy dwelling". I almost shouted out loud, "Hey, I know that song!" and continued to sing the words in my head. It was amazing to hear our prof reading the lyrics of this old, world-renown piece, whose lyrics come directly from Psalm 84, to the class regardless of their personal beliefs. I felt so at peace listening to the music (even though I don't understand German!). I love that God can be glorifed with praise in any and every language!

Anyway, here are the lyrics to Better Is One Day, the modern version of Psalm 84.

Better Is One Day
By: Chris Tomlin

How lovely is Your dwelling place,
Oh Lord, Almighty
My soul longs and even faints for You
For here my heart is satisfied
Within Your presence
I sing beneath the shadow of Your wings

[chorus]
Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in your courts
Than thousands elsewhere [2x]

One thing I ask and I would seek
To see Your beauty
To find You in the place Your glory dwells

[chorus]

My heart and flesh cry out
For You, the living God
Your spirit's water to my soul
I've tasted and I've seen,
Come once again to me
I will draw near to You
I will draw near to You (To You)

[chorus]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home