In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

A Quick Update

It's been a few weeks since I last posted something so I'm thinking this one might end up being really long, or I may break up my thoughts into more manageable doses. Hah, I guess we'll both find out soon enough!

I last wrote while in a solemn and reflective frame of mind. Heather's grandpa had just passed away and I was left thinking a lot about death and heaven and relationships in general. As promised here is the abridged version of the sermon I heard at Southridge on Ecclesiastes 9…

Resist searching for life’s meaning in tomorrow because…
1. Tomorrow brings death’s destiny
- tomorrow may never come; it’s never guaranteed
2. Today brings life’s living
a) choose to savour things – slow down and enjoy the ordinary and simple things in life
b) choose to celebrate – celebrate the things you can, while you can
c) choose to love fully – make the most of your time with loved ones; don’t hold back – you never know how long you’ll have them
d) choose to work hard – always know that you’ve done your best and given your all
3. Tomorrow brings the sadness of someday
- don’t be a “someday” type of person – make today count!

Enjoy the most meaning of your life by living today!!

Alright, back to my update! I spent the 28th – 30th in Whitby and Markham with Tiggs, Cindy, and Aquafina. We hung out, watched TV/movies, and spent numerous hours shopping for a bridesmaid dress for dear Aquafina. Needless to say, we didn’t end up finding one on our mini quest. (Note: She has since found a dress!) New Year’s Eve was spent in good company. A number of church families got together and rang in the New Year with some good old fashion fun. My highlight: discovering “Shrinkydinks”!! They’re an arts and crafts phenomenon and I seriously can’t get enough of them!! Okay, you’re probably all confused… allow me to explain. They are simply sheets of plastic about the thickness of bristol board, which you draw, paint, whatever on, then cut out and place in the oven. After a few minutes, your creations shrink down to about one third the size and triple in thickness. I hole-punched the ones I’ve made so far (pre-shrinking) so that I have the option of turning them into key chains or decorations later on. Enough about that… New Year’s day I went to my Aunt Sue’s for our annual New Year’s family dinner. As school began on January 3rd, I headed back to St. Kits on the 2nd but not without hitting up the outlet malls in Niagara Falls (no I didn’t go over the border). My Christmas break was much needed but it was sooo good to be back! My first few days of school were pretty crazy as I have 5 new classes in addition to my placement from 1st semester. I have a crazy prof or two and the workload is super heavy. BUT, I am determined to stay on top of things this semester. I’m not going to drop the ball again. Things are finally looking up and I’m excited for what 2005 holds for me. Bring it on God!

Alright, that's the first chunk of my update... stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home