In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Welcome to the Family!!!

I am just bursting with excitement and warm fuzzies today! First of all, today is my roommate Joyce's 23rd birthday. We were both staying up late last night studying for exams so right at midnight I busted out her present and wished her a very happy birthday. Needless to say I had spent those loooong hours before midnight fidgeting in my chair as I was so excited to give her the present. Hah. I love giving people presents! As I had an exam this afternoon, the birthday festivities were temporarily put on hold but we eventually made our way over to Swiss Chalet (yum!) for dinner. I had been looking forward to going since late November and it was definitely worth the wait!

My second highlight of the day (if you can call it that) was writing my first exam of the semester. Don't worry, no, I don't like writing exams. I had been both anticipating and dreading it because A) I've been done class for about a week now, B) several of my friends back home (and my brother) are already done their exams and have been enjoying their Christmas holidays, and C) even though I hate writing exams, I was feeling pretty good about this one. So, it actually went quite well. I was surprised by how easy it was so let's hope that I actually did know what I was talking about!! Now I just have to survive the next week as my second exam isn't until next Tuesday and my third and final one is next Wednesday (from 8-11pm!?!). Bah, I won't be getting home until December 23rd.

Okay, number three... my co-counselor, Aquafina, whom I miss terribly, is coming home from BC tomorrow! However, I have to wait another two whole days after that before I get to see her!?! It will be well worth it!! I haven't seen her since mid-August. Oh, happy day! I am so thrilled I can barely contain myself!! Our camp's Christmas Reunion is going to be sweet!! I'm going to be crying like a baby when I see her!! and everyone else too.

Okay, now for my biggest news!! Ready for it?? I just found out that my cousin Sandra and her husband Peter gave birth to their second child yesterday!! AHHH!! I LOVE babies!!! Hahaha. Welcome to the family little Connor! I can't wait to see him!!

Praise God for good news and happy days!

1 Comments:

Blogger manda panda said...

OF COURSE I miss my roommates!!! Memph, you KNOW I'm excited to see ya!! CHOMP IT!! LOVE IT!!!

11:12 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home