In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

1 Corinthians 10:13

This is a bit of a follow up to my first post. Towards the end of it, I briefly mentioned that somewhere in the Bible it said that God doesn't give us more than we can handle and that He always provides a way out. Well, I found the proper reference and felt it was important to pass it along so here ya go:

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

We are bombarded with temptation on a daily basis - granted, some people are plagued with more than others - but be encouraged that God is there with you every step of the way. He knows each one of us better than we could ever know ourselves and He is routing for us to succeed! So why then do we constantly try to take control of our lives instead of leaving things in His more than able hands? This is one of the biggest temptations that I struggle with all the time; trying to take control of what happens to me. I don't like the unknown and inconsistency drives me nuts. I somehow convince myself that maybe there are things that I can do on my own to help God out. Since He's so busy, ya know? But it's funny how I keep finding that those are often the times when I need God the most. So I've come to realize that every day I need to make a point of reminding myself to leave things in God's hands; let Him have control of my life.

Hey God, I am committing today into your hands. I pray that you will use me to carry out your will today. I pray that I will be able to live out another day of your divine purpose for me. God I want you to use me, stretch me, and teach me today. Help me to not waste the opportunities you provide me with. And help me to resist the temptation to take control of my life and instead trust and have faith that you know what you're doing. Thanks.

So... what are you being tempted with? Who's got control of your life right now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home