In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Friday, December 17, 2004

Home for the Holidays... Almost

So... my roommate Joyce just completed her final exam of the semester today... in other words, she is free to go home and start celebrating her Christmas holidays, just like most of my other friends... I however, have only just begun this tormenting ritual. I do not get to go home for good until Dec 22 at 11pm... something tells me I've already mentioned this... Anyway, to counteract my "exam blues" I have scheduled myself silly with a series of Christmas festivities and social engagements which will no doubt eat up all the time I should be using to study. But carpe diem, it's Christmas!! And gosh darn it, I should be enjoying myself! (yes, I just said gosh darn it) Hah, fingers crossed this throw-caution-to-the-wind attitude doesn't backfire on me!

Today is going to be action packed with fun, which makes me very excited! My friend Nicole and I are meeting up in the morning to go swimming (I've been slacking off lately) and then we're hanging out for a bit to talk about what we've read in Purpose Driven Life recently... I guess you could say we have our own book club of sorts! In the afternoon, one of my bestfriends, Trisha, is coming down to visit. I am soooo excited about that! No one has ever come down from home to visit me!? (hint, hint Heather!?!) We're going to see the Falls and then head back home to sweet suburbia for an evening of movies.

Saturday will be equally as exciting as it's my camp's Christmas reunion!! I have been anticipating seeing my girls and the staff probably since mid-August when camp ended. Sunday is my former camp's Christmas reunion but I haven't decided whether or not I'll be attending. As I won't have a roommate and therefore an empty apartment when I go back to school, my brother has volunteered to keep me company from Monday-Wednesday. I don't think the poor boy realizes just how bored he's going to be... but I'm sure he'll find something to occupy his time!

So, all of this in lieu of studying this weekend... sketchy I know... but it'll be fun and I'll be spending it with friends and family. Now how bad can that be?

One final note: Aquafina flew home from BC today and a bunch of camp staff are at her house to surprise her right now, as I'm typing!?! I wish I was in Markham and not stuck here at school!! Ahh... at least I get to see her at the reunion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home