The Adventures of Amanda and Jeremy (Abridged)
Home sweet home! It's good to finally be back in Mississauga. Alright, now before some of you start poking fun at me and the frequency of my visits home, I'd like to remind you again of the fact that A) I just finished my last exam about 27 hours ago and B) my parents decided to leave Jeremy and I in St. Kits for an extra night due to the sudden onset of snow. Okay, fair enough. Who am I to stand in the way of safety? In any event, we ended up having a "fun" but long journey, which provided us with a long enough story to entertain our mother during dinner (Anyone who knows my mother even remotely well, knows that she loves a good story). Here is my abridged version: It all started at 1:40pm this afternoon when Jeremy and I headed down to the bus stop in front of my apartment. We needed to catch a bus to the St. Kits bus terminal downtown. The bus was scheduled to drive by at 1:45, followed by another at 2 but neither showed up. I started to panic a bit because the Coach Canada bus we wanted to take back to Toronto was supposed to arrive at 2:15. Hah, praise God for snow and delayed buses! We got to the terminal at 2:20 and our coach bus didn't arrive until after 2:30. We finally left St. Kits at 2:40. On top of all the traffic on the highway, our bus also took detours into cities along the route instead of going straight to Toronto. We finally arrived downtown around 4:20 and proceeded to take the subway back to Etobicoke where we were being picked up. We arrived at our designated pick up spot after 5:30 only to discover that our parents had not yet left the house to come get us. We finally arrived home just before 6pm. Hah, I forgot to mention one key thing: we weren't just traveling via what seemed like every mode of transportation known to mankind, but we were carrying with us a large duffel bag and my out-tripping pack in addition to our regular backpacks. Hah, that's some pretty awkward stuff on the subway and city buses during rush hour! The same trip which typically takes me between 2-2.5 hours took Jeremy and I over 4 hours today. Oh my heck.
The craziness of the Christmas season is creeping up on me. My stream of social engagments and family/church commitments begins tomorrow (well today since it's 1:48am). I can hardly wait for, but at the same time, get so exhausted just thinking about what is in store for me over the next 10 days. Tons of family, friends, and of course food! Oh, happy day! Actually, I had a nice "warm-up" this evening. I finally got to see my bestfriend Heather for a few hours. I haven't seen her in... months I think. Wow, that's way too long. We didn't really get a chance to get caught up but it was really good seeing her again. Hah, I finally got to meet her boyfriend Josh. Nice guy. Really nice guy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home