Your Work
I officially accepted my offer to go to OISE/UT for teachers college in September. It's hard to believe that this chapter in my life is coming to an end. I'm not ready for it to be over. It's so weird that everyone else is going to be done (and graduated!) because I still have a few more months. It hasn't hit me yet that I'm never going to see most of these people ever again... wow.
Our 4th year outdoor rec class went out for dinner at Boston Pizza last night. It was a good way to end the year. Nice and casual. Just a bunch of friends hanging out. Because honestly, that's what we are. We're not classmates. Over the last four years we've become friends and... family. Yeah, family.
I'm ready for the summer to come but it's hard letting go of my OR family here...
I'll post some pictures of last night later on today...
* * *
Today's Prayer
April 13, 2006
Dear God, I'd like to thank You for all the women who touch other people's lives in special ways. So many women have ministries, and do not even recognize it! From the young mother who cares for her infant and helps nurture the little ones in the nursery to the busy career woman who uses her talents to plan and coordinate events for women to the retired saint who mentors younger woman, and to all in between, they each have a special role in the journey of life and the ministry of the church. I pray that You will bless each one who seeks to please You, who ministers to others, who gives of herself to help others and to further the cause of Christ. Give each one a special pat on the back, a peaceful day, a happy heart and help each one feel special today. Send blessings from on high, and continue to guide and protect these women, please. May You be glorified through their works. Thank You, God. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Your Work
TGIF Today God Is First, by Os Hillman
I have brought You glory on earth by completing the work You gave Me to do. - John 17:4
The Lord has revealed to us that the number one thing we are to do is love the Lord our God with all our heart and to love our neighbor as ourselves. His desire is for us to know Him and the power of His resurrection. These mandates deal with our relationship with Him. The fruit of this relationship must then result in our glorifying Him by completing the work He has given each of us to do. It will become a by-product of this relationship, not an end in itself.
What is the work God has called you to do? Jesus never did anything the Father had not instructed Him to do. He lived in such communion with the Father that He knew when to turn left and when to turn to the right. Is it possible to have such a relationship with our heavenly Father? I think that if it weren't, He would not have given us such an example.
"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" (Jer. 33:3). What has He called you to do? Perhaps you are called to be the best CPA in your city or the best advertising executive or the best office worker or assembly line person in your company. Whatever work He has called you to do, He will use you as His instrument to accomplish something that He has uniquely prepared you to do.
When our life is complete, what a glorious day it will be if we can each say, "I have completed the work You gave me to do." This will have brought great glory to Him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home