Quick Update
Heya!
So it's been a while since I last posted an update on my life's happenings and since I'm so behind on responding to emails, this will have to do for now...
First thing's first, March 28th was my 23rd birthday. Yes, I'm aware that I already posted about it, but birthdays are important so mine's getting an extra mention! It wasn't that eventful... kinda disappointing... but I've been trying to find the silver linings and focus on them. For example... Jacki and Ang went to Perkins with me for brunch. Tarun sent me a book through the mail... Trisha sent me a COOKIE GRAM which UPS finally delivered successfully on Friday morning. Leslie baked me birthday cupcakes... And...I got tons of birthday wishes via msn, email and of course, the phone.
Okay, next piece of news... I accepted a position at Muskoka Woods Sports Resort as one of their Senior High (ages 14-17) Section Directors which basically means I'm in charge of about 20 counselors and over 200 kids a week (and a lot of raging hormones). Our Directors team has been meeting up to plan programs for this summer. I'm so stoked. This summer is going to be AMAZING! Oh, if anyone is looking for a summer job check out the Muskoka Woods link on my side panel.
As many of you know, I applied for Teachers College back in December with an indifferent attitude because I've had doubts about where God wants me. Well, I'm finally going to find out what my life is going to look like next year on MONDAY. That's right, MONDAY. I'm trying not to think about it, but whatever the verdict is will affect my life significantly, including but not isolated to where I'll be living in September. My mom has been joking (maybe not?) that I need to start buying grown up (aka teacher, not Uni-bum-around) clothes. Yikes! At least I have a Plan B! Hello cruise ships!!
Let's see... what else... oh, I'm graduating soon, but not soon enough. As my follow colleagues celebrate the end of exams and thus the end of their undergrad, I'll still be stuck in school until June, making up for my thesis which I dropped last semester... no comment. Funny how it hasn't hit me yet that I'm almost a University graduate... Oh my heck! I'm not old enough to be a grown up!!
Okay, I think that sums up the important stuff that's going on right now. Back to writing my "personal philosophy on outdoor recreation".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home