In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Monday, April 10, 2006

Planning for Success

This devotional came at a perfect time. Funny how God's timing would ever surprise me, but it does. Constantly. I'm pretty dense that way.
I've been really distracted with this decision I have to make about teachers college. I've been trying to get other people's opinions on the matter, as if I'll have an AHA! moment and my choice will just jump out at me. I read this devo this morning and gained a lot of clarity when I realized that I have been trying to figure out this plan for my life on my own instead of asking for help from the One who made it. So that's what I did and now I'm pretty certain of where He's leading me...

to be continued...

* * *

Today's Prayer
April 10, 2006
Dear Lord, I know that You often send along appointments for me, opportunities to share the Good News, to share Your love and lead others to You. I pray that my eyes will be open, that I will be aware of those opportunities. I pray that You will give me boldness to act or speak, to do and say whatever is needed at the appointed time. Please give me the right words, speak through me. Please guide my mind and my hands, minister through me, to make a difference in someone's life, whenever You set that appointment for me to meet them. Oh, to hear these sweet words in the day that I am judged, "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me' " (Matthew 25:34-40). Hallelujah, Jesus! In Your name I pray, amen.

* * *

Planning for Success
TGIF Today God Is First, by Os Hillman

I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. - Jeremiah 10:23

In business I hear a lot about planning. Every January I hear workplace believers establishing their planning for the year. Corporations establish plans that cover anywhere from one to five years. Individuals establish personal life plans. There is only one problem that I see with most planning done by well-meaning believers. If God is not the originator and director of the plan, then that plan is doomed for failure. So often, Christian workplace believers set out to plan something that seems good in their own mind. The merits of what is being planned can look great, and it can even be a worthy endeavor. However, that is not the point. When Jesus said He came only to do the will of the Father, He could not consider doing anything that was not what the Father wanted, no matter how good or righteous it might appear to be.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" (Prov. 16:9). God must give us the vision for what He calls us to do. After we have the vision, we must ask Him if He wants us to take action on that vision and what the action steps entail. The Lord wants to direct each step of the planning process. David learned this lesson when he went to battle against his enemy, the Philistines. One day he inquired of God as to whether he was to go up against the Philistines, and the Lord said, "Yes, but only when you hear the marching in the balsam trees." It is a mistake to reason and analyze in order to come to a decision on a matter. The Lord already knows the answer. It is our responsibility to seek Him to find out His mind on the matter. Our planning must be established in Him. Only when we remain so connected to the source can we be assured of putting God's plan into place. Also, getting that plan confirmed through others will assure that we are not following the deceit of our own heart.

When you begin to plan next time, ask God for His wisdom for establishing the vision and action steps. You will be surprised how well He can plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home