God's Messengers
I've got a very big decision looming overhead that needs to be made in the next few months. Quite frankly, I'm terrifed of making the wrong choice. I'm finding it difficult to discern God's will for my future and the frustrating thing is that I was so sure I was on the right path. Until now... Okay, so it would probably be easier for you to understand my dilemma if you knew what I was talking about. I don't know if I'm supposed to go to Teacher's College in September and I have to apply by December 1st. Since Grade 11 I was positive that's where I was headed. I wanted to be a phys-ed teacher. But things have changed over the last year and I'm not so sure it's the right fit for me anymore. I love sports and working with kids. I want to have an impact on kids and make a difference in their lives just like my teachers did. But I'm having serious second thoughts. I wish that someone would just tell me what the right decision is so that I can make it. I want God to tell me what His will for me is... then again, maybe He is or has or will and I'm just clueless. Ahhhh, I don't know. Alright, so if you're receiving words of discernment from God regarding my near future, can you PLEASE make it obvious?? Thanks.
* * * * *
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I know that You have a plan for my life. Sometimes, I'm not sure I'm following the right path that will fulfill Your perfect will. I pray that You will give me discernment to make the right choices, and to recognize when You place someone in my life to give direction and point out truths that will prepare me for the path I am to follow and the circumstances I am to face. Lord, please give me strength, grace, and unction from on high to not turn back neither to one side or the other, but to remained focussed straight ahead on You. In Jesus' name, amen.
God's Messengers
Saturday, September 24, 2005
by Os Hillman
Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. ~ Amos 3:7
"You are called to free workplace believers from the Esau life." Those were the words spoken to me years ago by someone God sent into my life. I had been in the midst of trying to understand some catastrophic events that shook my world. Years later, I was able to see that God gave this person supernatural insight that revealed God's calling on my life.
God still uses His prophets today to reveal His plans in the lives of His people. I have seen this Scripture proved over and over in the lives of people. It is as though God sends out His "scouts" to inform His servants what is ahead for them. Sometimes He does this because He knows the event will require such changes in that person's life and so He wants to assure them of His love. I have experienced the Lord using me in this way in the life of other individuals. God did this in the life of Moses. He came to Moses at the burning bush to reveal His purposes for the people of Israel and His call on Moses to free them.
Has God placed individuals in your life to speak His plans for you? Are your eyes and ears spiritually sensitive so that you will know who are messengers of God? Elisha had a servant who could not see or hear with spiritual eyes and ears until Elisha prayed they would be opened. Then the servant could see the great army of God protecting them (see 2 Kings 6:17). Pray that you might see and hear with the Spirit. He may desire to reveal His purposes and plans through another individual.
© Copyright 2000 Os Hillman. www.marketplaceleaders.org
To contact author: os@marketplaceleaders.org

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home