In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Music Picks

I love music. All genres for the most part... well in varying doses that is! I guess what I really love is the experience and heart that songwriters put into their lyrics. I love how lyrics can just speak to you and speak FOR you; describing exactly how you feel when you can't put it into words yourself. I constantly find myself thinking, "Hey they must've written that one just for me..."
Jason Mraz does just that... You may recall that I mentioned him in my post yesterday. If you're into artists/groups like John Mayer, Maroon 5, or Gavin DeGraw, I encourage you to check him out. He's amazing!

Here are the lyrics from one of my fav. Mraz songs...

YOU & I BOTH
words & music by jason mraz

Was it you who spoke the words that things would happen but not to me
Oh things are gonna happen naturally
Oh I'm taking your advice and I'm looking on the bright side
And I'm balancing the whole thing
But often times those words get tangled up in lines
And the bright lights turn to night
Until the dawn it brings
A little bird who'll sing about the magic that was you and me

[chorus]
Cause you and I both loved
What you and I spoke of
Others just read of
Others only dream of the love that I love

See I'm all about them words
Over numbers, unencumbered numbered words
Hundreds of pages, pages, pages forwards
More words then I had ever heard and I feel so alive

[chorus]

Now you and I, you and I
Not so little you and I anymore
And with this silence brings a moral story
more importantly evolving is the glory of a boy

[chorus]

and it's okay if you have go away
just remember the telephone works both ways
but if I never ever hear it ring
if nothing else I'll think the bells inside
have finally found you someone else and that's okay
cause I'll remember everything you sang

[chorus]

My current music picks:

Josh Groban - Josh Groban
Closer - Josh Groban
The Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek - Relient K
Two Lefts Don't Make a Right - Relient K
Chariot - Gavin DeGraw
Tonight, Not Again: Jason Mraz Live At the Eagle's Ballroom - Jason Mraz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home