In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Sunday, February 06, 2005

On The Edge Of My Seat

Spanglish and Million Dollar Baby - two fantastic movies which I've had the pleasure of seeing in the last three weeks. I highly recommend watching them both if you get the chance. Other than the fact that they are GREAT movies, I think what heightened my enjoyment was that in each case I went into the theatre, having no idea what they were about. As the plots thickened and the characters were developed I was on the edge of my seat in anticipation. Unlike other movies that I've seen, I didn't have the chance to form an opinion on what I thought would and should happen; I had no expectations. Everything was a complete surprise.

I had a similar experience last May when my cousin Jey took me to a Jason Mraz concert in Toronto. I went into this musical adventure, having never heard any of his songs. Needless to say, I was blown away. Not only is Mraz oozing with talent, he's also an amazing live performer. So I've come to the conclusion that I really enjoy this element of surprise, this not knowing, this inhabition with entertainment.

After thinking about this for a bit I began to wonder... why do I feel quite the opposite when it comes to life? Why do I feel a necessity to know every detail about everything? Why do I shy away from the unknown and unstable? I should be embracing the here and now and looking to God for the things to come. Life is meant to be lived without abandon; on the edge of our seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home