In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Monday, January 24, 2005

Just As You Are

I'm a sucker for chick flicks. I just eat them right up. Last night was no exception. Joyce and I were flipping through the TV channels and came across Bridget Jones' Diary. It was already halfway through but since I've already seen it, it didn't bother me. Plus, my favourite line in the entire movie is in the latter half anyway. Without going into too many details, the line is shared between two of the main characters, Bridget (Renee Zellweger) and Mark Darcy (Colin Firth). Bridget, who is single at the time, is leaving an uncomfortable couple's dinner party and Mark comes down to see how she is. Before Bridget leaves, Mark says to her, "I like you very much... just as you are".

Wow, what a line! It made my heart melt (and Joyce's too). We quickly concluded that we need to find guys who feel that way about us. Seems kind of lame but then again I think there's a strong desire within each of us to be loved so deeply, flaws and quirks included. I admit that I find myself thinking about who God has planned for me a lot (and quite frankly that frustrates me - mainly because there's tons of stuff that I should be thinking about instead). I wonder about his personality, his interests, his appearance. I wonder where I'll meet him or if I already know him. Does he already know that I'm the one for him? Will he like me just as I am?

It dawned on me last night that I had somehow overlooked the fact that I DO have someone who thinks about me that way; who likes me just as I am... my Heavenly Father. How could that have happened? How did I forget the greatest love of all? God's love is unconditional, no matter what we do, have done, and will do in the future. Nothing can ever make Him love us any less. It simply boggles my mind. I wish that I could love Him even a fraction of how much He loves me. For now, I'll have to give Him what I've got and hope that's enough. I desperately want to get out of this rut...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home