In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Divine Butt-kicking

The excuses need to stop right here, right now. I hit a new academic low and I'm tired of making up for excuses for myself. I can't believe I let myself get this bad. I've dropped the ball and changes need to be made. I'm afraid that I'm just setting myself up for failure but it's worth a shot. No more procrastinating. No more late submissions. No more excuses. Please check in on me and see how I'm doing - I definitely need to be held accountable.

I've taped the following scripture to my desk... in the event that I'm in need of a Divine butt-kicking reminder... God please let it work...

Intelligent children make their parents proud; lazy students embarress their parents.
Proverbs 15:20 (msg)

3 Comments:

Blogger Soleil de Minuit said...

Hi,
Im a student in mississauga too, im 20 and i know how you feel. what school do you go to? Im at seneca college. its the time of year where the winter blues kick in and reading week is still too far to look forward to it. keep remember why are you are in the program you are in now and set dome realist goals... thats what im going to try and do!

Patricia

10:28 p.m.

 
Blogger manda panda said...

I'm a student at Brock University but my parents' home is in Mississauga.

11:19 p.m.

 
Blogger Soleil de Minuit said...

cool

5:05 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home