In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Day After

Well the second day of my Reading Week has come and gone and I am exhausted! I can't believe how much I've crammed into the few days I've been back home. I got home from St Catharines late on Friday afternoon, had dinner and then pretty much shopped for the rest of the evening. When we got home, Jeremy and I watched Grind - a skateboarding movie featuring Adam Brody from The O.C. - which actually turned out to be quite entertaining. Saturday was more or less spent among Chans (and extended family). My great uncle Ambrose's funeral was held in the morning, then we drove to the cemetary where he was cremated, and then we had a funeral banquet (similar to the 10-course meal that is served at Chinese weddings). Needless to say I didn't get home until after 6pm. Sunday I was at church and went to choir practice. I went to Costco with my parents to pick up groceries for my outtrip and spent what seemed like forever trying to decide the best value for what I was getting. I spent the evening (and early morning) at Trisha's place watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (our favourite show) and then Shall We Dance featuring Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez; it was pretty good... I'd watch it again. Monday was my stay-at-home day and I did tons of laundry, did some packing for my trip, worked on some homework, etc. The highlight of my day was calling my dearest Aquafina who's in BC right now.

That brings me to today. I woke up early this morning and headed over to my old highschool to visit with some former teachers. After that I headed to the Mississauga Salvation Army's Family Services Office/food bank with my mom, shelving food and babysitting for the Mom's and Tots group. I then came home briefly before heading downtown to meet my cousins Kathy and Cindy for dinner. We celebrated "the day AFTER Valentine's Day". It was soooo great catching up with them. Good times. I got home by 10pm and started packing for my trip, which I'm still not done and will get back to momentarily. In any event, I'm really looking forward to the experiences and memories that I'll gain from this trip. I can hardly wait! Well, I guess I really should get back to packing or else it's going to be a long night. Say a quick prayer for me! I just know I'm going to freeze!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home