In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Well Said Alanis...

Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think? A little too ironic... thank you Alanis Morrisette. Yes, it IS a little too ironic. I guess I should fill you in a bit eh? Well I'm in a bit of a jam with a paper and my prof said the only way the situation would be rectified is if there was a death in my family or if I had been sick. Well, I told him that neither applied to me, therefore I was still left with a problem on my hands. The irony? Well, there actually WAS a death in my family this week except I just found out about 15 minutes ago. My Great Uncle Ambrose whose family I visit every Christmas day afternoon passed away on Tuesday. But in reality, even if I had known about his death, I wouldn't have used it as an excuse; my slacking off caught up with me and I have to deal with the consequences. I should be feeling sad but I'm not feeling anything right now. It'll probably hit me on Saturday at his funeral. I hate funerals.

R.I.P. Ambrose Chan. You were well loved. Great Aunt Helen, Uncle Kevin... my thoughts and prayers are with you.

What an interesting start to my Reading week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home