This Is Me
When did life get so complicated? Or is it just that I make it that way? I don't even know anymore... I despise drama but I'll openly admit that I can be a first-class drama queen with the best of 'em... I know God's trying to tell me something but it's just not getting through... I wish I knew what it was... what am I supposed to be doing differently God? Why can't I learn my lessons the first time round... please make things clearer... (yeah okay, we'll try things in YOUR timing...)
This is for you Terri... I'm really liking the lyrics right now...
This Is Me
~ Faith Hill
Yeah, I have my addictions
and keep my share of secrets
and things you'll never see
I get selfish and defensive
and pay too much attention
to my insecurities
Oh, I'm just like everybody else
I try to love Jesus and myself
*chorus*
I don't know what you believe
or what you think of what you see
but this is a part of me
what I do and who I am
all my impurities
are right here on my sleeve
This is me
This is me
My heart break for the homeless
I worry about my parents
and all my bills are late
I'm dealing with the changes
this complicated strangeness
of seeing life this way
I'm just like everybody else
I try to love Jesus and myself
*chorus*
I laugh at silly movies
tear up when I see babies
and I'm stubborn as a stone
I criticize my body
I wonder if I'm ready
to ever be alone
Oh I'm just like everybody else
I cry like everybody else
*chorus*

3 Comments:
I love you Amanda! Thanks for being the best friend I could ever ask for. May you draw close to God as you try and figure out what He is trying to teach you. Good song lyrics. Another MSN song night tonight? ;)
5:19 p.m.
Thanks for making me smile! Hah, yeah we'll see what I can hook you up with tonight :)
5:26 p.m.
hahaha...I love reading comments from people - who knew people called you dorkus??? lol..big ups to amanda for that one - all joking aside...I hear you and I feel for you. Trust in Him - I mean - has He ever steered you wrong?? okies - gotta sleep I'm beat. - kalam
11:12 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home