In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Narnia, Hogwarts, and Aussies

It's been an eventful few days. Jeremy and I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia on Sunday. Going in with no expectations and a basic knowledge of the storyline (watched the old BBC version as a kid), I was pleasantly surprised. The computer animation was good even though you could tell what was fake and what wasn't. Just as you could tell when the actors were in front of green screens. Oh well. The child actors were good. I laughed and I cried. I was definitely impressed. Overall, I'd give it a 4/5 rating.

On Monday we saw the much anticipated Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (finally). The movie was good but like the three before it, I was disappointed. I have a problem with hyping them up in my mind and then expecting too much. But then again, no movie is ever as good as the book. As an avid fan of the books I think I watched the movie with a more critical eye than was necessary. "This part was missing, that character needed more development, that part was unimportant and dwelled on for too long..." I'm looking forward to the DVD being released to see the deleted and extended scenes. *sigh* at least they included Cho Chung in this movie after leaving her out of the last one. Hopefully her character will be better developed in the next movie. Anyway, I'm giving this one a 4/5 rating too.

The Aussies were supposed to arrive Monday evening but due to complications at the airport in New York, only my Aunt Christine ended up at Pearson (If interested, see Jey Chan's blog on the side panel for a detailed story). We ended up going out for a late dinner at a great Chinese restaurant called Macy's which is owned by a friend of my Uncle Chris'.

Michelle and Dan caught the next flight out of JFK this morning and were due to arrive at 8:40am. My cousin Jason was driving in from Scarborough with his sister and our aunt. My dad dropped me off at the arrival terminal where I was supposed to find our travelling duo, however after 15 minutes I still couldn't find them. I kept walking back and forth but with no success. Finally while on the phone with Jason and Vanessa, I realized that the terminal was much bigger than I thought and walked down to the gate where Michelle and Dan had been waiting for over half an hour. Turns out that I wasn't at gate C like I had thought, but at gate A and B. Hah, that's what happens when you send the kid who's never been in an airport (well, once before). Gee, I felt so dumb. Anyway, once we were all reunited we went out for Dim Sum. Currently, the Aussies are napping in Scarborough and I am at home cleaning. We may go downtown for a bit but that all depends on how they're feeling when they wake up.

Well, that's it for now! I'll keep you posted!

Christmas Countdown:
5 days until Christmas!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Macy's - I love that place!! really good eats and it's pretty cheap too!!! almost done exams...one more...just one more....
-kizzle

12:36 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home