In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

New Addiction

I love wordsearches. Always have, always will. In the Fall I started carrying a book of them in my backpack to pass the time as I waited for and rode the bus. They're far more stimulating (and rewarding) than staring off into space or trying to avoid making eye contact with random passengers.

I re-discovered crossword puzzles in the Spring while I was up at Muskoka Woods. A bunch of the guys would start the daily puzzle in the morning and I would fill in whatever blanks I knew at lunch. Sometimes I would be daring and try the second copy without anyone's help. That was rare. Anyway, I just realized last month that our school newspaper, The Brock Press, features one every week! Oh happy day!

My latest addiction - and yes, I can call it that because I was up until 1:30am one night - is SODUKO. Trisha and Terri introduced me to it and I've been playing ever since! Even my roommate Ang loves it! Anyway, it's a grid that involves using logic to determine which numbers (1 through 9) goes in which squares. Numbers can't be repeated in any line (vertical or horizontal) or 3x3 box. It's tough at first but the feeling of accomplish you get when you finish one... oh man, I love it! I'm totally hooked! I probably didn't explain the game coherently so if you're interested go to www.soduko.org. There you'll find puzzles that you can complete online or print off and take with you. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger rn said...

PANDA!!!

my oh my it's really been months! i don't think i ever see you on msn much or anything.. i assume school life is keepin' ya real busy?! looking at some of the pics from camp (in your blog) really remind me of the awsome time this summer.. you still gotta send me the ones we took at thumba's place!!

anyway, don't let soduko take up too much of your time. so incredibly addictive. arghh..

well take it easy.. later hun. =)

- splint

11:30 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home