In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Friday, December 09, 2005

Breathing Easy

Welcome to my 100th post!

It's been a long year full of ups and downs, tears and laughter. Thanks for joining me on this ride called life. ;)

Nothing wise or profound for you today. (haha) The last few weeks have been particularly busy. Papers, midterms, presentations... I finished my last class yesterday morning with a presentation. It was on an organization and program which myself and two classmates have been working on steadily since September (yes, it was just that big... and complicated). Our 41-page paper was submitted on Tuesday. It was such a relief to be finished. It's nice being able to sit back and relax. Exams are coming up next week... Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday... but I'm not too concerned about them since I did well on the midterms.

Hmm, what else have I been up to... Trisha came down a two weeks ago and drove me home. We saw the movie "Yours, Mine, and Ours" with our friend Terri. That same weekend I saw "Moving Out" - the singing and dancing show featuring music by Billy Joel - with my Mom. It was entertaining but I definitely prefer musicals and plays. We had lunch at Salad King (Thai food) by Ryerson U with my uncle. I highly recommend it!

My worship team sang at BCF last week. It was lots of fun despite some technical difficulties and awkward moments. The team sang again this past week but I didn't join them. They combined with another team and aside from my workload this week, I didn't think it made much sense to have a minimum of 5 vocalists (non-instrumental) on two microphones (I'm the only vocalist on my team).

My Teachers College applications were hand delivered to their respective schools. There was no way I was trusting Canada Post again after the stressful mess I went through with my reference forms. Not only did the forms take over 2 weeks to arrive at my references' homes, they also took over two weeks to arrive back to me. And 1 set was coming from the same city I live in!?! *sigh* My poor parents had to deal with physically going out and picking up the additional copies I sent via email in order to make the Dec 1 deadline. Ahhhhh!!!

I'm really excited for next Thursday. First, because I will be done my exams. But second, because Ang and I (along with some of her friends) are going to Buffalo for the 'Kissmas Bash' concert. I don't really know anything about it, or what radio station is presenting it... all I know is that GAVIN DEGRAW and LIFEHOUSE will be performing! WHOOO! I'll be heading home the next morning for my Christmas break, anticipating the arrival of the Aussies!

The Christmas Countdown continues:

3 days until my exams begin
5 days until my exams are done
6 days until I see Gavin and Lifehouse in concert
7 days until I'm home for Christmas break
11 days until the INVASION from DOWNUNDER!!!
16 days until CHRISTMAS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home