In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Monday, November 21, 2005

The Aussies

Ahhhhhh... The Aussie Invasion is quickly approaching. How sweet it is!

First a bit of background information. My Aunt Christine (my Dad's older sister) moved with her husband and two kids to Australia 13 years ago. We've had minimal contact - perhaps a few times a year - during that time. My cousin Colin is happily married and cousin Michelle is dating a guy named Dan. She owns/manages a trendy lounge over in Perth called Luxe Bar.

Okay, so Michelle and Dan decided to take a break from the bar scene and do a bit a travelling. Mmm... understatement. A LOT of travelling. In fact, a year's worth of travelling all over this beautiful world of ours. They've been hooking up with friends and picking up work wherever they go while taking in the sites. That brings me to the "invasion". Michelle and Dan have finally reached North America. They've been working in Annapolis, Maryland for the last few weeks and are scheduled to spend the Christmas holidays in Toronto with my family as well as my Uncle Chris' family (my Dad's older brother). To our surprise, my Aunt Christine recently announced that she too would be joining us for the holidays! Whoo! I'm totally stoked! Bring on the Aussies!

My Aunt Christine has instructed each of her nieces (myself and Vanessa) and nephews (Jeremy and Jason) to plan a day's worth of activities so that she can get to know us better. I'm having a bit of difficulty with this as I think I lead a pretty uneventful (and dare I say boring) life. The other problem is that I don't really drive. If you can think of any suggestions for my "date", please don't hesitate to let me know! I've got a few ideas that I'm playing with right now but definitely nothing concrete. I have a feeling it will involve food though as my aunt is a professional cook (catering, instructing, etc). Jey's already claiming Kensington Market, Queen St W, St. Lawrence Market, etc. I think my brother may be taking her to the CN Tower. Hah, I could always bring her down to St. Catharines and Niagara Falls! Hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home