In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Weather Appropriate Lyrics

There are days when I love the rain - jumping in puddles, feeling the droplets on my face - and then there are days when I just wish the sun would come out to play. It's been raining since yesterday, maybe even before that and it's supposed to rain for a few more days.
I was feeling pretty blah this afternoon as I watched the gray sky through my window of the Greyhound bus. The bus has been making me ever more motion sick lately, so that, the rain, and my stress over Teachers college applications and thesis research was not a good combination. I put my headphones on and proceeded to listen to some worship songs. I find that I'm particularly draw to songs about the rain when it's actually raining. Praise God for little pick-me-ups in lyrics. By the time I reached St. Catharines, I was feeling much better and I had some great tunes in my head. Enjoy!

* * * * *

When The Rain Comes
Performed By: Third Day

When the rain comes it seems that everyone has gone away
When the night falls you wonder if you shouldn't find someplace
To run and hide / Escape the pain
But hiding's such a lonely thing to do

I can't stop the rain / From falling down on you again
I can't stop the rain / But I will hold you 'til it goes away

When the rain comes you blame it on the things that you have done
When the storm fades you know that rain must fall on everyone
Rest awhile / it'll be alright
No one loves you like I do

When the rain comes / I will hold you

* * * * *

Grace Like Rain
Performed By: Todd Agnew

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see so clearly

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Chorus

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing Your praise
Than when we first begun

Chorus

Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home