Greetings From The Woods
Heya! It's been a while since my last post and so much has happened! I finished up all my exams, moved out of my apartment and into my new one, changed roommates, packed up for camp and started staff week here at the Woods. Phew! It was nice to stop and catch my breath but that didn't last very long as we've been super busy with staff week training. I'm currently on evening duty in the office, while just about everyone else has the night off but on the plus side, I probably won't have to work another evening this week. I'm kinda bored so here are my highlights of staff training in no particular order...
- moving into Briarwood and rooming with my friend Terri
- watching Ocean's 12 with the whole staff with candy, popcorn, chips, wings, and cheesecake!
- learning how to skateboard
- going to the driving range and hitting some sweet shots
- going mountain biking even though I was scared (Aqua, aren't you proud of me? hah)
- meeting and getting to know the new staff
- staff photo scavenger hunt in Huntsville (and sundaes afterwards!)
- winning BUMP (bball game) against half the staff and coming in 4th (of 6) in the "Championship game" (me against 5 guys)
- finding out I'm the only lifeguard on staff (...no wait, that's NOT a highlight!?!)
- sunny weather after three straight days of rain
- our first group of kids arrived this afternoon!
- "playing" with a camp radio tonight (hah, they don't realize what they've done... hehehe)
- the laughs and good memories so far :)
Alright... that sums things up pretty well for now... Hope you're all enjoying your summer so far!
* * *
Countdown...
56 days until staff week at Camp Rainbow and Muskoka Woods...
120 days until Heather becomes Mrs. Josh Vandersteldt...
I'm currently 3/13 in Tim Horton's "roll up the rim to win" contest... too bad the closest Timmy's is at least 30 minutes away...

1 Comments:
no real message... just wanted to say "hi" and "enjoy your summer"!
hopefully i'll get to see you sometime in the next four months?
- tiff
12:54 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home