In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Daryl

I worked with Daryl Harney (aka Dilbert) at Camp Rainbow in the 2004. Although we didn't keep in touch very often after I left the camp, I still considered him a dear friend.

Daryl died in a car accident on June 10. When I found out, a few days after the accident, I was kind of... empty... or numb... I didn't really feel anything. Today (or what's left of today) was Daryl's 23rd birthday. It's kind of surreal. I find myself left with an uneasy, confused feeling in my stomach. I don't know how to process this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home