In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Sunday, April 29, 2007

An Ode To Rocky

*ahem * (clearing throat)

“Oh Ro-cky, you were my pet for only a daa-aay. But you we-ent aaa-waaay.” (Sung to the tune of Barry Manilow’s “Mandy”)

So, you’re probably wondering to yourself: Who is Rocky? What is Rocky? Where did he/she go? Why did he/she have to go away!?

Well ladies and gentlemen, sit back as I tell you the tale of my pet Rocky…

As some of you already know, my roof was just fixed a few weeks ago, after needing to be fixed for… forever. Prior to the roof being fixed, I had been hearing scratching noises on the roof and soon convinced myself that the scratching was in fact inside my attic. I was convinced that there was a family of raccoons living in my attic and one night I was going to wake up to them sleeping in my bed. Sooo… one evening when the roof was leaking at our skylight (it was pouring outside), one of our neighbours (two doors down) went up to see if he could do any temporary mending. Well, to our dismay, he found a hole that he announced was probably made by raccoons. So, my wild imagination did not make up the scratching. He patched up the hole with planks and a plastic tarp and that night, the scratching was insane… I decided it was because the coons were now stuck. So, fearing that they would starve, my neighbour and I went back onto the roof to readjust the wood and plastic so that the coons could come and go but my roof wouldn’t leak. Anyway, the roof was fixed shortly thereafter but the scratching didn’t stop. So of course, now I was afraid that the coons were REALLY stuck. Last Sunday, the neighbour who patched up the roof caught one of the raccoons and to my family’s surprise, it was a BABY! Eeeeee!!! He was the CUTEST thing ever!!! I named him Rocky (yes, it may be a she but I don’t care). I’ve never had a pet so I grew quite attached in the few minutes that I knew him. My neighbour and the neighbour between us took Rocky to a ravine and wooded area shortly after our introduction. (pictures below)

The following day, my next door neighbour excitedly informed us that he had caught more raccoons. Well, there wasn’t one, there wasn’t two… there were THREE BABIES!!! Eeeeee!!! Cutest things ever!!! Oh my heck!!! Naturally I couldn’t play favourites so I named them too… Sebastian, Izzy (Isabelle), and Tulip. I don’t know where the names came from, they just kinda popped into my head. Anyway, this time, my Dad and I accompanied our next door neighbour to the ravine and wooded area to set my newest pets free. (pictures below) I was sad to see them go but I’m so glad that they are out of my roof! I just hope that Rocky and his siblings are reunited and live happily ever after.

Well folks, that’s my story. Stay tuned for my adventures in Minden! I’ll be gone for a month. My parents are driving me up in 5 hours but I’m so excited and nervous that I can’t sleep! Wish me luck! Oh, and please pray for my summer plans which are still kinda up in the air. Thanks!


Rocky (close up).

Sebastian, Izzy, and Tulip


Sebastian, Izzy, and Tulip (close up)


Sebastian, Izzy, and Tulip (close up)

1 Comments:

Blogger ~*Trisha*~ said...

Oh my heck!!!!! As if they could be any cuter!!!!!!! This story and the pictures just add to my reasons of why I am so in love with racoons! Thanks for typing up the story. I thoroughly (sp? lol) enjoyed it. Hope you are settling in well in Minden. Love you lots and miss you my dear. Only 245 days left. Praying for you!

8:47 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home