In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Friday, January 25, 2008

Welcome Wagon, Resumes, and the Pier

God is amazing. Just wait until you hear what He's done now!

So, remember our visit with Judy from Welcome Wagon? Well, Judy mentioned Sooke Works, an employment centre, that would be able to help us out with fixing our resumes. Heather and I dropped by on Thursday afternoon and not only got our resumes printed off of my thumbdrive for free but got our resumes copied for free too! The significance? The only other place in town where we could get documents printed off a thumbdrive charged $3.00 and additional copies were $0.11 each!? Hah, God totally takes care of the little details!

We left Sooke Works in high spirits and travelled down the street to the hand out our resumes. Heather applied to a pet store and pet grooming centre and was more or less hired on the spot. I gave my resume to Fresh Fitness, a women's only gym. I'd be doing mostly childcare for the mom's that come in and there's a possibility I could teach classes too. Although I'm still waiting to hear from the manager, I have a good feeling about this! Both the manager and the employee I was speaking with are Christian. If I get this job, that also opens up opportunities for connecting with other Christians in the area that are our age. [Side note: In all three cases, the jobs had JUST opened up and therefore had not been advertised. God just led us to the right places at the right time.]

Today was a fairly lazy day. I spent the morning with JEE-ZUS! [squirt, squirt! hahaha] Heather started at the grooming centre this afternoon. She's walking the dogs! We finished off the afternoon at the pier. We saw a seal and little jellyfish!!! So cool!!! Justin is on route and should be here by midnight. We're going to the Royal British Columbia Museum tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Hope you have a stellar weekend!

Peace out.

Much love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home