In open fields of wild flowers she breathes the air flies away. She thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens. As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust him and learn how to see him. Someday he'll call her and she will come running, fall in his arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray "I want to fall in love with you". Jars of Clay

Friday, February 01, 2008

Week Three Recap

Justin arrived late on Friday evening for another weekend of banter and adventures. We headed into Victoria mid-morning on Saturday. Our destination? The Royal British Columbia Museum! It reminded me of the Museum of Civilization in Hull, Quebec. The majority of the museum was dioramas of native wild animals, historic BC, etc. We worked through it fairly quickly as it’s quite small. We went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for a late lunch. Mmm… tortellini! Yum! Before heading back to Sooke, we wandered around The Embassy Hotel and Victoria Conference Centre. The shop owners looked at us a little funny as we strolled by in our hoodies and backpacks. Haha. On Sunday we went to Sooke Baptist Church. It seems like a better fit but we’re going to continue church hopping. While sitting at the back of the sanctuary, we noticed a Chinese family sitting at the front (Store that information in the recesses of your mind for retrieval later on in my story). We went to The Fish Trap for lunch and were overwhelmed by the portion of food we received… 6 massive pieces of Halibut and a serving of chips/fries bigger than an extra large pizza. Oh, and coleslaw. Oh my heck. Needless to say, we doggy bagged most of the fries. After our fish and chips, we headed to the Pier for some God time. While we were there (okay, I’ll pause as you retrieve that information I told you to store…) the Chinese family came down to fish and trap crabs on the dock where we were sitting. After some general pleasantries, the mother asked us what church we attended. Caught off guard, we realized that she’d noticed our Bibles. We mentioned being at Sooke Baptist that morning and the daughter exclaimed that they went to the same church. We quickly put two and two together and realized this was the family we had noticed from where we were sitting that morning. We continued to chat as the afternoon progressed and watched them catch crabs. At one point they brought up a MASSIVE starfish. Oh my heck it had over a dozen arms and was bigger than a dinner plate. It took me the longest time to build up the courage to touch it and when I did, it ended up being a poke followed by my typical noises and actions when I’m totally grossed out. HAHAHA. Justin headed back to the US-of-A in the early evening.

Heather started working at the pet store (and dog walking for the dog daycare) on Monday. Rain and snow was forecasted for the entire week. For the first time in two weeks I was bored. I called The Fresh Fitness Company to follow up on my resume and was asked to come in on Thursday. I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t start working right away but then it occurred to me that God was totally blessing me with this free time and that I should take advantage of His gift and use it intentionally. I spent most of the day with God, cleaned house, ran errands around town, and dropped off more resumes (nothing has come of that). The rest of my week has been filled with God time, crocheting toques (I’m on my third one this week), emailing, grocery shopping, and reading this amazing book called “Every Young Woman’s Battle: Guarding Your Heart, Mind, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World”. It’s all about protecting yourself and your purity from sexual temptations and developing a deeper and more satisfying relationship with God. I’ve gained so much insight, which I know God will enable me to share with other girls (and guys too). Anyway, I highly recommend it. It’s in a series… there are versions for women, men, and young men.

Oh, on Thursday I went to The Fresh Fitness Company and had a lovely chat with the owner. She offered me the childcare job so now I just have to wait and see what hours she can give me. I know it won’t be a lot but I feel blessed that she hired me knowing that I’m only going to be around for a few months. I went back this morning to drop off a photocopy of my First Aid certification and my new co-workers invited me (and whomever I want to invite) to go bowling tomorrow! I’m so excited to work with these women! They’re so warm and welcoming! Have I mentioned that they’re all Christian? Cool eh? Man, I’ve been praying for solid relationships while I’m out here and it seems like God is providing!

Oh! And I had a wonderful chat with Pam, my next-door neighbour. I went over to borrow her computer printer yesterday.

Right now, I’m waiting for Heather to get back from work (she’s just dog walking today) so we can have an adventure in Langford. I emailed some photos to Walmart for developing last night so I need to pick them up. We’re going to divide and conquer Winners and then maybe catch a movie. We’ll see.

Justin is supposed to be driving up sometime tomorrow and I may have some guests coming in from the mainland. Let the banter begin!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Peace out.

Much love.

Movies of the week: Shanghai Knights, Ice Age 1 & 2, Transformers, The Guardian, Rush Hour 2, 10 Things I Hate About You, Along Came Polly.

PRs:
... for Jeremy's leg
... for a church... we're trying out Knox Presbyterian this Sunday
... for developing relationships

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home