Helloooooo Seattle!
Disclaimer: This update might stop abruptly because I want to post it on Feb 29th… otherwise my opening paragraph won’t be relevant. Hahahaha ahhhh…
Whoa, Leap Year! So, you know what that means? Hah, not a whole lot to me other than the fact that my birthday is in 28 days!!! Yippee! [Side note: If you were born on February 29, would you celebrate your birthday on February 28 or March 1?]
Okay, so I left off on Saturday, February 16. I was sick and pouting because I missed Justin Nozuka in concert. My plan for Sunday was to attend Knox Presbyterian Church in the morning and the Christian Revival Church of Victoria (but in Sooke that weekend) in the afternoon. Well, I had a difficult time sleeping through the night so I opted to stay in skip Knox and just go to the CRC service. Couch surfer #6 – Kathrin, a nanny in Seattle, originally from Germany - arrived around noon. She inquired about my plans for the day and I told her about the service. Turns out, she was a Christian too! Hah, so we went to the Pier and Ed MacGregor before church. In the evening we went to Buffy’s Pub with Kyle in hopes of observing the locals. But alas, by the time we arrived at 8pm we had missed the evening crowd. Hehehehe. We managed to entertain ourselves with three rounds of pool before heading back to the house.
On Monday (18th) I went to work in the morning and then Kathrin and I were off to Victoria. We wandered around Chinatown and looked at all the overpriced tourist gimmicks. I bought some stylized chopsticks [can we say sucker?]. We had lunch at a restaurant in Chinatown but for the life of me, I can’t remember what it was called [Ocean Garden perhaps?] and surprisingly, I didn’t take a picture of the sign. Huh, very uncharacteristic of me… It was delicious! We made a quick detour to Payless Shoes so that I could exchange a pair of shoes that I bought the week before and then headed to the Break Water for the sunset. Basically, it’s a stone wall that extends into the ocean with a lighthouse at the end. In a word… it was… exquisite. Absolutely beautiful. I took a bazillion pictures. Just as we were about to leave Break Water, a local who was fishing, asked if we’d like to see a sea urchin. No joke! It was so cool! I held it in my sleeve. I was soooo grossed out! Hahaha. And so began a string of conversations that we’d have with total strangers that night…
[and now... a brief intermission in the name of February 29th. Happy Leap Year! Is that even what you're supposed to say?]

1 Comments:
justin nozuka!!
1:55 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home